Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Healthy Eats

Over the weekend, I was in the mood for healthy and delicious (as if that's news). Naturally- I turned to Greek/Mediterranean food! I had a flourless cake recipe I wanted to try, from my cooking school. It would use a lot of lemon zest, so I knew I would have lots of lemon juice to put to use afterward. I used some in the marinade for chicken kabobs, some in tabbouleh, and I will use some more as a splash of acid in salad dressing tonight.

I love that lemon was the driving force in my cooking choices this weekend. Everything I made turned out so well and it all went well together! This light and lemony menu made me really crave summer - warm weather, barbeques, picnics, and general lingering about out of doors.

Chicken kabobs, marinated in yogurt, lemon and oil

Lemon, Ricotta and Almond Flourless Cake
The cake was delicious and extremely moist. I had never made a flourless cake before, but because I love almond, lemon and ricotta I figured it was good excuse. This definitely satisfied the sweet tooth, and although there was a decent amount of sugar, it was a healthier alternative. 

1 comment:

Ribeye said...

mmmm chicken kabobs! so good!