Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 28, 2013

Greek Taverna!

Damn I love Greek food. So I took a fun class at the New School last weekend on Greek food. I had tried almost every dish that we cooked before, so I had a good idea of what it should all look and taste like. Now I have the recipes! So fresh, so good, so simple actually. 


My partner and I made Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Greek Salad, and Hummus! It was all very easy and scrumptious. I have often wondered why bother making hummus when what you can get at the store is so good. Now I know - because of the freshness (with no preservatives) and the control you have over the creaminess, garlick-y-ness, tartness, etc. It is definitely worth doing.
All of the other dishes were excellent. I would love to make all of them on International Night. Note to self: must initiate International Night. Perhaps this summer, first stop: Greece!
Lamb meatballs

Spanakopita

Moussaka