Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

Spicy vegan chili

I made some delicious vegan chili for a Superbowl party on Sunday. It was spicy and good!! If you didn't know there wasn't meat in it, you wouldn't! The only two ingredients that were a little hard to find were the specific brand of vegan sausage the recipe called for, and chipotle powder. Both I ended up getting at Whole Foods. The recipe is from a new blog I'm following called What Would Cathy Eat? Interesting stuff....
A truck load of spices (chili powders, cumin, oregano, etc.)

Crumpled Field Roast vegan chipotle sausage

During cooking
With a little Tofutti sour cream to cool it down a bit
There was actually a contest, and although many people complemented my chili, alas, I did not win. But I thought it was great, so I'm calling it a success! Plus I got to taste like 8 other chilis.

No comments: