Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Veg Meal from Veganomicon

Chickpea Quinoa, in the making
I've been making a few recipes from the cookbook Veganomicon. I tried the Chickpea Quinoa, which was pretty good. The only thing that it needs is some fresh herbs or maybe a squeeze of lemon to brighten it up a bit. The flavor was good, but it just needed a little tweaking for my taste. Rooster Sauce is excellent on it as well (but isn't it excellent on everything?).


Veg meal: Marinated portobello mushroom,
chickpea quinoa, and stir fried greens
This was a very healthy and delicious vegetarian meal I whipped up on a weeknight. The portobello, I merely marinated in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and baked it in the oven. Easy and tasty. The quinoa I spoke about above. The greens were from the same cookbook, and had a little fresh ginger and garlic in them. Super easy, fast and delicious. I will definitely make that one again!

No comments: