Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 23, 2012

Old school steakhouse

Aside from igniting my love of bad salad, the next highlight from the trip was going to Hugo's Cellar in downtown Las Vegas. It is an old school steak house located in the basement of the 4 Queens Hotel. It's a must whenever I go to that town. I actually convinced my coworkers to dine here, and they seemed to enjoy it. Upon being seated, they offer red roses to the ladies. The waiter comes by and explains who his crew is and offers beverages to get started. His crew includes a salad guy, a dessert guy, several busboys, I think a flambé guy (if we had ordered something to be flambéd) and a wine guy.



That's a butter rose



I particularly love the salad guy who individually makes your salad table-side. I suppose you could have a healthy-ish salad, but instead I went for the pile-it-on, yes I would like pinenuts, bay shrimp, hearts of palm, etc.. etc. ... with a creamy peppercorn dressing please -salad. It was a meal in itself. In between courses they bring out sorbet on mini ice cream cones to cleanse the palate (old school and classy!). For my entrée I basically had the surf and turf- a filet with giant prawns, side of potato and vegetables. It was great- all of it. We all shared bananas foster for dessert. I will always return to Hugo's for the experience as well as the meal.

No comments: