Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 30, 2011

Potato Leek Soup

This recipe came from the Moosewood Cookbook, which I do not own. But when I lived in Santa Cruz, everyone had it. It turned out being pretty easy and tasty. Though I didn't follow the recipe to a T because I just wasn't in the mood for kale. I would make it again, though one criticism: recipes that require tiny amounts of an ingredient, or leave you with half a can of something you don't know what to do with really irritate me! One example in this recipe is the teaspoon of minced celery that it calls for. Now if I loved celery and always had it on hand, chopping up a quarter of a stock of celery wouldn't be a big deal. But I don't, so now I've got a whole lot of celery to use up. It shouldn't be that difficult, a little in salad, mirepoix for soup, or cut up with carrots and olives for a nice crudités on New Year's Eve. Not a biggie, just makes me wonder if anyone tested or edited this recipe.

No comments: