Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lately

Lately, it's been difficult to find things to post about because I haven't been cooking much, aside from the same old staples (beans, rice, roasted veggies, oatmeal..) Haven't been to the Farmer's Market much, because of a busy schedule. And -it's about to get real- ESPECIALLY because of this darned heartburn, acid reflux, gerd, ulcer or whatever-it-is that's been making my upper GI ache recently. So my adventurousness in cooking and eating has been, well, temporarily paused.
I recently read an article about a nutritionist who has developed something called The Plan which I will investigate further. The brief article mentioned that several foods we think are good for us, in fact are recommended for health and weight loss by doctors and nutritionists, may not agree with us at all. A common one is oatmeal (which I eat regularly). Apparently it can do more to cause bloating and gum up the system, causing more bad than good. Might I be allergic or sensitive to oatmeal? I don't know. But I'm hopeful I will figure it out. And learn something along the way. 
Seems strange that on the biggest eating holiday of the year -Thanksgiving- I have no pictures or recipes or notes to share. I DID enjoy myself, as I always do on Thanksgiving. I made the same Balsamic Green Bean with Roasted Onions dish I always do, and totally forgot to document it. It was easier this year now that I have a little more cooking knowledge under my belt. I cooked, I ate, I loved hanging out with my family and friends.
And for no particular reason, here's a picture of my favorite guy enjoying a Fall day.

No comments: