Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 20, 2011

More juice!

Last weekend I pulled out every fruit and vegetable I had in the house. I washed, peeled, chopped, prepped, bagged, juiced or just plain chomped! It was quite a production. Because my husband was waiting for me to finish up so we could go somewhere, I semi-timed myself. I thought that cleaning up after juicing was the time-consuming part. It turns out that cleaning and prepping the veggies is the long part. Followed by the tasting, critiquing, then adjusting, etc. The cleaning part is just messy. Anyway- this time instead of letting the juicing evolve as I went, I cleaned everything at the very beginning. It really was much easier. Just like making a recipe, I had my juice mise en place!


I should mention I'm thinking about doing a juice cleanse. We just watched a great documentary over the weekend called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and it was very interesting. I got on the web site, and found that there are several different commitment levels, such as merely a 5-day cleanse, or one that you can still eat vegetables and fruits during the juice cleanse. I am looking more into that. In the mean time, I need to find more palatable ways to juice with vegetables. I love beets and carrots, but I seem to strike out when it comes to celery, kale, spinach, etc.

No comments: