Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2016

Year End

It has been a long while since I've been a regular contributor to my own blog. Not sure why, just busy. But frankly 'busy' is the norm. So what gives? I don't know. I was busy preparing for Thanksgiving, then my best friend's baby shower, then nary a break until Christmas was upon us, for which I made 2 gifts. Now it's January, and I finally have time to sift through stacks of mail, photos on my phone, etc. So, I guess that explains it.
Also, as far as cooking during that time frame, I made a few new salads that I neglected to shoot. But otherwise stuck to the basics: roasted veggies with either turkey burgers, turkey tacos, or chicken strips. An occasional pork loin. Essentially, the norm at our house, not entirely worthy of documentation, just praise for keeping us alive during the holidays.
That said, I do have several photos to show of crafty stuff I've done over the last few months, desserts, a couple of school shots I had a hand in creating. That's the funny thing with assisting classes at the New School, sometimes I'm proud of what turns out, and want to photograph it, but usually I didn't actually make it. I just helped. A lot in some cases. So it feels not entirely authentic to claim it on my blog. I suppose I can just call it all "student work" and still feel accomplished, as I do when I complete a shift.
Anyway, I realized I had fallen in to a rut lately cooking-wise, so I have been trying to branch out a little, and make new or seldom made dishes. Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution. It's never too late to be resolute. Here is one I made last week that was quite good, from the Inspiralized blog. Butternut squash and Sausage Lasagna (I added Zucchini too).



1 comment:

Ribeye said...

I enjoy our standard dishes ... But I'm willing to branch out (a little).