Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 27, 2013

Finally, Sangrita!

A friend shared a link with my husband and me to a restaurant she said she would eat at every weekend if she still lived nearby. We had nothing more to go on than that.
So, I clicked the link, saw that it was Mexican food, only about 10 miles away, and holy cow -- they had Sangrita!!!! It became top priority.

I'm so glad we tried out Corazon y Miel this weekend!
We tried a smattering of flavors, appetizers, drinks, etc. First off bacon wrapped figs with a cauliflower something-or-other beneath, and a stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapeño over street corn salad. These were not huge, but were definitely packed with flavor. I mean bacon combined with fresh ingredients (or anything, really) is just so damn good! Our main dishes were roasted chicken on the bone that was marinated or mopped in some kind of slightly sweet (maybe honey) sauce; served over a  rice concoction mixed with roasted chickpeas, jicama, and tomatoes. And chimichurri flat-iron steak with black beans, and french fries. Chimichurri is one of the best inventions ever, and I am always floored at how perfectly it pairs with meat. All was simply delicious!


And the Sangrita was fantastic too! We discovered Sangrita deep down in Mexico, near Zihuatenejo. When you order silver tequila, it comes with sangrita- basically a sidecar of spicy and sweet tomato-orange juice, so refreshing and delicious. It is the perfect accompaniment! I need to find a good recipe for this at home.
I can't wait to go back to Corazon y Miel. Pretty sure the secret is out on this one though, will probably have to make a reservation (even for two) or get there even earlier that my preferred 6 p.m.

No comments: