Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 13, 2013

Farm volunteer!

Finally, I was home and not otherwise busy on the 2nd Saturday of the month, so that I could volunteer at the local Farm! I worked there last weekend for about 3 hours in the morning. It was a great experience! So much to learn. But I'm so inspired!
I helped wash some of the smaller seedling containers for reuse. I didn't realize to reuse these, in case there is any bacteria or something undesirable from the previous plant, you must scrub and disinfect them. I replanted 59 tomato seedlings into larger pots, and put them in the greenhouse.

I recycled some dirt, recoiled drip lines, peeled dried sweet peas to harvest any good peas (seeds) for future use. I learned a little about some of the weekly maintenance work at the farm. I learned that the soil I use in my yard is probably really lacking in nutrients. I was inspired to start something edible at home! Now the question is what... 

I didn't do anything with the chickens, but I was sort of obsessed with getting a good photo of them.
I worked up an appetite.

No comments: