Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2011

New Class!

Hooray, I just started a new class yesterday. 10 weeks, different regions each week, wine and food pairing, education at the farmer's market, and menu planning. Should  be fantastic, so far so good!
Yesterday was all about Italy. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, if I had to choose only one cuisine for the rest of my life, it would be Mediterranean. (side note- after eating Roberto's I usually say Mexican. But in that event, I'd be two tons of fun).
Anyway- the correlation between landscape, wealth and cuisine is interesting.  It's also fairly obvious, but still, there's a lot to learn. And taste. Here are a few pics from yesterday's class:


My plate, at least, the first round

Gorgeous dessert that I did not make, but had to photograph anyway. Olive oil cake with Candied Tangerines and Whipped Cream

THESE I did make. Grilled Winter Endives and Porcini Pork Chops


No comments: